A pleasure to welcome back Rep. Buzz Brockway to the show today. Buzz was kind enough to join us to provide a recap on the 2012 legislative session. A video teaser below:
1. Rep. Brockway gave us a recap on the 2012 Georgia legislative session. What went well, what did not.
2. Accomplishments included some tax reform including removing the tax on energy, to help lure manufacturing back to Georgia, criminal justice reform to name a few.
3. Rep. Brockway shared some wins that will help and assist the Georgia businessperson.
4. Lessons learned and other observations from Buzz’s first term.
5. Rep. Brockway had two pieces of legislation pass, and he discussed those two bills, which deal with election law reform and human trafficking.
6. We roundtabled on the impact of the tax credit for the film and entertainment industry, and what other ways policy like that can impact business.
7. We discussed some recent developments with health care policy, as well as continued efforts to ramp up Metro Atlanta as a technology hub in the US.
8. Rep. Brockway shares his view of the presidential race both here in Georgia, and nationally.
9. We discussed how much different our politics would be if all people had a basic understanding of economics, and how the free market is supposed to work.
10. Finally, Buzz gives us a rundown of some legislative races of note here in Georgia.
11. You can learn more about Rep. Brockway at www.vote4buzz.com.
[if you enjoyed Political Talk, you may subscribe via iTunes here; and we would sure appreciate a positive customer rating if you feel so inclined!]